Below I have provided 12 steps to wellness:
1. Drink more water
2. Practice cooking
3. Increase whole grains
4. Increase sweet vegetables
5. Increase leafy green vegetables
6. Experiment with protein
7. Eat less meat, dairy, sugar and chemicalized, artificial junk foods; consume less coffee, alcohol and tobacco
8. Develop easy and reliable habits to nurture your body
9. Have healthy relationships that support you
10. Find physical activity you enjoy and do it regularly
11. Find work you love or a way to love the work you have
12. Develop a spiritual practiceide in how you can live a healthy life.
*You don’t have to do all these steps at once; it’s better if you don’t. Just get out there and start with a little more water each day.
*Remember these little changes aren’t a short-term diet; they’re a long-term lifestyle. I know each step you take will have a huge, positive impact on your present and your future.
With everything going on in a college students life, it is very easy to get lost in whats healthy and what is not. I agree in order to be positive and healthy we need to prioritize and take personal time. In your list you give some great tips on staying healthy but also a way to get away from school work. We all need time to relax and be stress free and each of us have our own ways in dong that. Being healthy is always something that should be a main focus.
ReplyDeleteI know that I do not do everything on that list or even half of it, so I try to do as much as I can. My work load in school and athletes takes a toll on me and it is hard to find the time to relax. I do believe that everyone is different and what might work for someone may not work for another. This list I feel has a great variety different things that can help a person. Sometimes it is the little things that we do not realize that can help us the most such as simply eating right.
ReplyDeleteI love your list. I am trying to most of that. I know my wife is now that she is eating for 2. I just wish it wasn't so expensive to eat healthy. Oh well its worth it.
ReplyDeleteThat's what stinks in society. We are told we have to or should eat healthy and right but they make it so expensive to follow through on it. This is why people tend to head in the direction of quick and simple foods to eat, whether they are healthy or not. I mean something as simple as nuts or fruit cost a lot and they do not even give you a lot in it. This is why I try and watch at least my portion sizes and how late I eat because I can control those.
ReplyDelete